Sunday 2 April 2017

A Russian influence and Spring flowers



It's time for our challenges at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More where our themes are 'Anything Goes' and 'All things Spring'. As always there are wonderful prizes to be won at both.


Spring is a season I love and there is no shortage of stamps in my stash that fit the theme, so for this months share I have used both the lovely PB Daffodil Dance and Cherry Blossoms, a love chunky wood mounted stamp. I create a base card using the waste from another card using Timmy's Vintage Cabinet die, I made a small spine to join the two together and then used DI's to distress the edges and a stencil to add some interest to the corners.

Next two pieces of Fabriano, very softly inked with DI's, stamped both the images inking with distress markers direct to stamp and spritzed with water before stamping. I added some honeycomb stenciling and fixed in place behind the apertures with foam pads. Some twine and a Butterfly from PB Love Art clear set.


Two Stamping Sensations creations, the one above is one of the samples I made for last weeks Chocolate Baroque shows on Hochanda when a collection of wonderful Russian inspired stamps were released. I adore this image with the beautiful Katya and traditional Russian costume and wanted to keep this simple to let the face do all the talking. So I stamped with black versafine, embossed with clear powder and coloured sparingly with just red and gold, placing the image inside another waste frame after cutting a TH Cabinet Card die..................it was never my intention but I realise only now that two of my cards have the same frames and both are using the waste..............I think I actually prefer the waste element. The two buildings/temples are another of the new releases and again minimal colouring, finally matted onto red card and some gold beading across the top. I would like to enter this into Miss Di's current Snippets Playground Challenge.

The card at the top started out as a Parisian scene created with masks and Pan pastels but I wasn't sure where I was going next, then decided on Roses to the fore using the new Penny Black Red Blush....but yellow......repeat stamping the image several times and embossing with detail clear. I coloured the Roses with Spectrum pencils and stamped a few leaves with a Chocolate Baroque stamp, coloured to match the Roses and stamped a few birds in the sky.

As always we have some super prizes to be won at both challenges and my team mates have lots of inspiration to share so I hop you will pop over the the challenge blogs to take a look.

47 comments:

Juls said...

Beautiful creations xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous work Brenda.
Gr Karin

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh Wow! such beautiful cards, all gorgeously themed and creatively designed. I love the subtle inky background on the first on with the clouds and the Eiffel tower.
Lorraine

Shirley said...

Oh my Brenda. Three gorgeous cards and all equally gorgeous. I love the muted background behind the roses on the first card it is so soft and dreamy.
Your second card is a perfect spring card and I like that you have spring flowers on both sides. I would not have thought to do that. A great design.
If I had seen the Russian lady stamp in a shop I would not look at it twice as I would not know what design I could create with it. You nailed it brenda. The beads are the perfect link on your design and it is a gorgeous card.
Keep well.
Shirley

Glennis F said...

Both are lovely Brenda, especially the first one

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning creations. I love the first card very much.

Wendy L said...

A lovely array of cards Brenda, happy weekend, xxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wauuuw wat zijn het schitterende kaarten.
Groetjes Gerrie

Gail said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda!
Hope you're well!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Stunning creations Brenda, I especially love the last card.

Sue xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous creations Brenda!! The russian cards are so elegant and these CB stamps are really sodifferent!
Love, love, love your card made by the Tim's die leftovers, it's so creative and gorgous!! I love spring too, and your fab choice of colours and the technique you used make me blowing up!Amazing card!
Pinned https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524488169151/

Greta said...

Wow--you're so creative, Brenda! I absolutely love the PB daffodils & cherry blossoms! Wonderful idea to use the stencil that way!

cuilliesocks said...

What gorgeous cards Brenda, I love them all, all so very different. I especially love Kyta, you've done her proud and loved it when shown on the Hochanda show, Kate x

Ellibelle said...

These are all amazing cards Brenda, I love how you surrounded the Parisian scene with the gorgeous yellow roses. Stunning Russian themed cards as well with those pretty colors, and loving the pretty spring flowers, the stenciling finishes it off so beautifully!

Craftyfield said...

I love that soft stencilled background of Paris behind the beautifully coloured roses, the card is stunning! The other 2 are just as beautiful and you used the cabinet card to good effect. Hope you had a good and sunny Sunday! xx

Mervi said...

Thank you for this trip from Paris to Moscow! Gorgeous creations all three;-))m

Valerija said...

Stunning cards, as always, love everything about them!
Valerija xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Brenda, wonderful cards!
X Daniela

ALI said...

Stunning work Brenda.

crafty-stamper said...

WOW they are all absolutely stunning Brenda love the background on the first and the gorgeous Russian inspired stamps
carol x

Marlies said...

Beautiful creations Brenda. I love the background effect on the top one. A beautiful vintage look on the second one, I like the shape!
A lovely original idea on the russian card. Beautiful made. Marlies x

Sarah said...

Wonderful work Brenda and a brilliant way to use waste...must remember that!! I am a spring lover too, the bluebells are just coming out now and look so pretty beside the remaining primroses. There is something so exciting about Mother Nature casting aside her winter coat. Saying that there was a touch of frost this morning and although Surprise hasn't had laminitis for 15 years I am always mindful of the grass!! xx

Kathleen said...

Another trio of delight and wonderful creations, all the designs just fit the images perfectly.
Have a good week.

Kath x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous makes today Brenda, love the daffodil and cherry blossom, l agree with you spring is the most beautiful time of year - love the seasons but spring is my favourite.
Not seen anything like the Russian stamps before they are beautiful. x

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous creations!
Hugs

Robin said...

More gorgeous creations! I love your florals and your Russian card is fabulous! Hugs, Robin

aussie aNNie said...

Very inspiring cards B, love them all especially the Russian one, my mum was Russian.xx ♥[aNNie]

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Brenda - I particularly love the Russian one, and the soft background on the top one is amazing!
Blessings
Maxine

Linby said...

I love those roses at the forefront of your scene - looks amazing. Beautiful frame card - so pretty. Finally please stop using the Russian stamps - this looks fab and I know I am going to need these stamps soon!

KandA said...

Three wonderful cards Brenda. Love how you framed the scene with thse super roses on the first, of course I LOVE the PB stamps on the second and the way you framed them and the third card is so elegant xx

Di said...

Love all these cards B! As always, perfect work - and the snippets card is gorgeous. Love those gold beads!

Great to see you in the Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Always so beautiful Brenda, love these! Hugs, Autumn

pinky said...

Stunning creations Brenda, love how you used the frames like that, really eye catching.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards Brenda!! The Parisian card with the yellow roses is my favorite!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Spring is always welcome and the beautiful flowers and blosoom it brings , 3 stunning card Brenda .jane x

Shirley said...

How gorgeous does the muted background with the Paris theme look, such a clever idea Brenda. All the fabulous techniques used are amazing.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow Brenda, the cards are all beautiful. Great creations!
Hugs Carola

Sally H said...

two stunningly beautiful creations, Brenda! I love them both! Gorgeous work. I hope you are enjoying some sunshine this week. Tuesday was a bit dull. but it is glorious today and it was on Monday too.

Pat said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, I love the one featuring Katya with the lovely bead border.

Pat xx

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Beautiful and unique cards. Always wonderful

marlisa said...

..drei wunderschöne Karten.
Grüße marlisa

Gerrina said...

The first is so stricking with the contrast between the PP-BG and the roses! Love the frames/panals on the 2nd and the colours of your girlcard are so perfect for the image! Great inspiration again! Hugs, Gerrina

Tracy said...

Love your cards Brenda, the first one is my favourite, gorgeous creation. I like how you've put the Eiffel Tower in the background.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Dora said...

Beautiful roses. Great stamp. All your cards looks very beautiful.

Lynne K said...

Stunning designs, Brenda! Love all the flowers, of course, but I also like the Russian one - the beading is the perfect embellishment! x

Barb said...

Three gorgeous cards Brenda and all so different. The roses card has to be my favourite. Barbxx

Bonnie said...

All of these are wonderful cards, but I've got to say, your cabinet card is my favorite. I have this daffodil stamp and haven't been able to get anything as nice as this and what a wonderful way to display! Thanks so much for the inspiration!